In App Inventor any app Project is divided into different screens.
A screen is something like a page of a book. Every new page has new text and new information. In a similar manner, every app has different screens and every screen has different features – which means they can have completely different components and blocks.
- An eCommerce app can have a separate screen for a catalogue or list of products, another screen for cart and cart items and yet another screen for order placement.
- A game app has different screens for a single-player game; multiplayer game and for a leader board; and obviously another screen for a home page leading to any one of these different screens.
In the case of a book; you have different properties to choose like, font size, font type, colours, margins and more. In a similar way you have different properties to choose for a screen like selecting the alignment; changing Background colour or image, screen orientation, theme, title and more.
Other facts about a Screen:
- Every app has a default screen i.e; Screen1. You have to create other screens when you need.
- You cannot change the order of screens. Hence, you should be careful to decide whether you are going to use Screen1 as a home screen or for a splash screen or for a direct application.
- Screen 1 has more properties when compared to other screens like adding App name, adding Icon for the app, selecting sizing and more. Moreover, while all other screens can be deleted; Screen1 cannot be deleted.
- Information from 1 screen to other screens can be shared using blocks. However; the type of information to be shared is restricted to values; the value shared from other screens can be used for deciding the type of operation to execute in the current screen or for any other purpose.